Welcome to the October 2005 edition
of the TorontoJobs.ca Employer Newsletter.
Tips on writing the best ads
Unbeatable Offer: Post a
60-day job on TorontoJobs.ca and receive unlimited resume access
for one whole month -- all for $300
Did You Know? Download your
Update your Profile
We want to hear from you
on writing the best ads
Here are some tips on writing an effective job ad that’s
sure to catch any job seeker’s attention!
- The ad should be clear and easy to read (no italic fonts, or
strange and fancy looking fonts).
- Use the job title as your headline, because that’s what
job seekers will be looking for.
- Use simple words unless it’s required or applies to a
specific job title and requires complex words such as a rocket
- Use short sentences, and don’t go over 15 words per sentence
as that reduces clarity.
- Try to avoid all upper case letters, even in headings, as that
makes the text slower to read.
- Use ten, eleven, or twelve size fonts. Font sizes that are
too big or too small make them more difficult to read.
- Try involving the reader by using the pronouns, “you”,
“your”, and “yours” which helps the person
visualize themselves in that role.
- Emphasize what makes your company unique and special. This
will attract more people because they want to work with employers
who are exciting and adventurous.
- Use bullet points or very small paragraphs for your information.
- Lastly make sure your layout includes everything needed to
be effective. Here is a checklist of what you should have:
• job title
• employer or recruitment agency/staffing firm
• job location
• succinct description of business/organization/division
activity and market position and aims
• to whom the position reports - or other indication of
where the role is in the structure
• outline of job role and purpose - expressed in the 'second-person'
(you, your, etc)
• indication of scale, size, responsibility, timescale,
and territory of role
• outline of job role and purpose
• indicate qualifications and experience required (which
could be incorporated within candidate profile)
• whether the role is full-time or permanent or a short-term
contract (if not implicitly clear from elsewhere in the ad)
• other package details or guide (pension, car, etc)
• explanation of recruitment process.
• response and application instructions.
• contact details as necessary, for example, address, phone,
fax, email, etc.
• website address
• corporate branding/ logo.
• Skills requirements.
Tips sourced and adapted from http://www.businessballs.com
Unbeatable Offer: Post a 60-day
job on TorontoJobs.ca and receive unlimited resume access for one
whole month -- all for $300
If you would like to take advantage of this incredible offer,
please email email@example.com
or call 905-566-JOBS (5627) to make arrangements. This offer is
valid only until November 30, 2005.
Other custom packages can be assembled to meet your specific requirements
(for example, resume searches, any combination of featured jobs,
featured employer, job postings, etc.).
To discuss what type of package would work best for you, please
or call 905-566-JOBS (5627).
Did You Know? TorontoJobs.ca
has a New Toolbar… Download your own FREE one today
TorontoJobs.ca toolbar has been created for you! Get easy access
to our home page, search the web, post a job and customize your
toolbar for Excel, outlook, etc.
here to download your toolbar!
Update your profile now
With traffic reaching record highs and recent improvements to
our online interface, there has never been a better time to be an
employer on TorontoJobs.ca!
Now is a great time to update your company profile, and gain some
exposure for your company!
here to update your company profile.
If you are an Employment Agency, Staffing Firm, or Human Resources
company, be sure to keep your listing in our Employment
Agency Directory up-to-date.
If you are an employer with a number of available positions, you
may want to consider becoming a Featured Employer to get even more
exposure for your company and job listings on TorontoJobs.ca. For
more information on Featured Job listings and Featured Employer
status, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 905-566-JOBS (5627).
want to hear from you…..
Do you have any comments, questions or suggestions for improvement
for TorontoJobs.ca? Would you be interested in contributing an article
for a future TorontoJobs.ca newsletter (either for other companies
or for job seekers)? We would be happy to hear from you. Please
Thank you for taking the time to read our Employers Newsletter.
If you have any questions or comments about the content of this
newsletter, or would like to learn more, please feel free to contact
to this newsletter
New Graduate & Entry Level
• Call Center & Customer Service
• Administration & Office Support
• Accounting & Finance
• Sales & Marketing
• Management & Supervisory
• Human Resources & Payroll
• Promotional & Special Events
• Bilingual & Multilingual
• Logistics & Warehouse
not just another agency.
Contact us today to discover
The Absolute Difference!
MISSISSAUGA - 905.275.3033
VANCOUVER - 604.678.3030
• Toronto • Montreal
Ottawa • Edmonton • Calgary