Reporting to the Manager, Machine Shop, the CNC Machine Operator is responsible for the machining of forgings, bar stock, plate etc. into company products, utilizing a variety of machine tools and machining drawings. This person is required to maintain close and exact tolerances to produce quality parts to specifications. This includes hole drilling, layout procedures, and some indexing work. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Efficiently operate various CNC machines i.e. lathes, mills and grinders.
- Cutting metal to conform to the machining drawing provided, utilizing various machine tools
- Set up, run and testing of machines
- Set up of tools prior to operation
- Familiar with Fanuc controls
- Standard maintenance of allocated machine
- Cleanliness of machine and immediate vicinity
- Other duties appropriate to this position
Minimum 3 years of machine shop experience EDUCATION
A minimum High School education; some college or post-secondary would be an asset KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND REQUIRED SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- Must be able to interpret machining drawings
- Work with close tolerances, typically .001 to .005”
- Familiar with the use of standard machine shop instruments (i.e. Micrometers, verniers, DROs, etc)
Machine Shop environment with high noise levels. Personal protective equipment will be provided. Ability to lifting loads of up to 50 lbs. Vishay Precision Group Canada
, formerly George Kelk Corporation is a major worldwide supplier of force sensors and advanced opto-electronic instrumentation for non-contact dimensional, displacement and velocity measurement, also related signal processing, data processing and control systems. In business for 60 years, we are acknowledged by our metals industry customers to be a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of innovative, high quality and industrial instrumentation.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.kelk.com How to Apply
Please apply by sending your resume to: email@example.com
using job #MS2017
when referencing the job.
Human Resources ManagerVPG Canada (KELK)
48 Lesmill Road
Toronto, Ontario M3B 2T5
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for interview will be contacted.